How can I reduce the risk of fraud when AP staff works from home?
Safeguarding your data is critical to reducing the possibility of fraud as accounts payable staff work from home.
These strategies will help you stop fraudsters in their tracks:
- insist on strong passwords and periodic password updates
- make sure staff lock screens when not in use and shut down devices at the end of the work day
- keep work and home devices separate
- secure Wi-Fi access points
- be sure that staff are aware of phishing attacks and business e-mail compromise (BEC) schemes
- require staff to always validate changes to banking account details over the phone
- use a cloud-based accounts payable automation solution with world-class security measures including separation of duties
Learn more about Work from Home accounts payable automation solutions.